Friday, April 10, 2020

Some Easter reflections amid a pandemic

When my sons were little, maybe three and four, we set out all of the coloring stuff on the kitchen table, including several layers of newspaper (sorry JournalSentinel) to catch the spills. The cups filled with different colors were ready, the boys had their little wire dunkers in hand and... oh no! I got a phone call I had to take. This was before cell phone popularity but only 23 years ago. Anyway, I left the table and went to the phone in the other room. The call lasted longer than I hoped and worried that the boys would have trashed the kitchen or lost interest interest in egg coloring by the time I returned. But, lo and behold when I got back to the kitchen table all the eggs had been colored! About two dozen! They were all sitting in those cardboard egg holders. I asked the boys, "who colored all the eggs!!" They both said "we did". Not with a lot of pride, just sort of matter-of-fact. I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment