Saturday, May 26, 2018

Beating my Daddy's record

My father, John J. Williams was amazing. He had four careers... he would have had more had he been allowed to teach in public schools when he graduated from college. That's another story.

He received his Master's degree when he was 70 years old, and I thought that was PRETTY DARNED OLD to be doing anything like that.  But, I was very, very proud of him and always hoped I would do something as significant long before that birthday. As of today (May 26, 2018) I have 11 months to beat his record!

Hard as it may be to believe.. certainly hard for me... I will be 70 in April, 2019.

So, I have set a deadline for my 'significant' thing. By April 10, 2019 the documentary "Kaukauna & King: 50 Years Later" will be finished.

If you wonder why you don't see me around town as much, it's because I am in seclusion writing and editing. Ross, Debbie, Kathleen, Rob & Jackie will see me. Probably more than they want because I am going in obsessive- mode. But, to the rest of the world, I will be in hibernation. Of course, I will still sneak out every month to host "Black Nouveau" and do stories for the show or "10ThirtySix",but then I will retreat to my "office", computer and notebook and the occasional dinner of pizza.





No comments:

Post a Comment