Monday, April 27, 2015

What's Next???

April 27, 2015

This is the 26th day after the 45th anniversary of the 21st birthday. 
Why would I want to tell my age?  Because I always believed that of the two choices you have in life... get older or (you know what), I choose get older and be proud of it.

Anyway I am on hiatus from "Black Nouveau" for a while because most of our studio crew is MATC students who had better be studying for the exams... and MPTV is into Auction Season.
Please buy something, buy lots of things, your support for Public Television helps pay for the show!

So, I am writing again and I need your advice.  Here are four story ideas I am working on.  Which one shall I tackle first?


1.   Camels in the Desert.  They story of how and why the U.S. Army brought camels to the Southwestern states shortly after the Civil War.

2.    The House in the Middle.  How two middle-aged women (you define that any way you want!!) who live one house apart but hardly know each other are brought together by an incident in the house between them.

3.    Bushville.  A Memoir in 9 Innings.   Musings about my childhood in Milwaukee during and around the time of the 1957 World Series.  (The Braves won)

4.    The Green Ribbon.   The story of a man, a woman, a family and a fire. A personal story of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in New York.

As you can tell, I have a preference for history and I love stories that can tell the reader/viewer (if they get put on video) something about the past that he or she did not know.

My favorite TV show used to be "Connections" on PBS that told the stories that linked today's society and technology with developments in the past.

So, cast your vote...!! I will pursue the idea that generates the most votes (or in this case) THE vote.  I also promise to give you acknowledgement when I get published.


No comments:

Post a Comment